SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Gooblers Quest

A topic by vinancent created Jul 15, 2018 Views: 462 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(+5)

Day 1:

- Met up with the team! we talked about our goals for the end of the game jam and made sure that we're all on the same page. I created a task sheet for each of us on google sheets:

Michelle and I want to figure out an art direction that works for both of us. I drew a tree:

I also did some rough animations so we could test out how sprite sheets work. Here's our mouse boy:

Cute characters - love the art direction and animation 

thank you!!

I'm loving the look of this already!! I wanna pick that mouse boy up and put him in my pocket.

thank you!! more soon :)

Host

ahh i love this tree so far! i love the animations also. it's awesome to get a peek at your task sheet as well--it looks like a really great way to see how much work needs to be done at a quick glance. have you ever considered using trello? it's pretty similar and tho maybe kind of overkill for a two week jam but it's nice to be able to get notifications when people submit stuff for review + notifs again when kicking it to backlog with comments for changes. also, i'm excited to hear more about your game's design!

(+1)

I've never used trello before, will give that a look for future things! I'm used to making spreadsheets for most of my projects, but its true that game design seems to have a much longer task list than animation haha :D

Host

actually, i think spreadsheets are great when you have a ton of assets to go through which is why i understand why it's a standard for animation. mostly trello is nice when you have a mixture of tasks including stuff like assets, design, code, etc. as well as multiple team members because they can get notifications and comments. lemme know if you have any questions about it.

yes, we actually have duplicated sheets for each area of the project! Assets, animation, and unity tasks :D. I can share it with you if you're interested in that kind of workflow. I'll be sure to ask you if I ever want to know more about trello!

Submitted

oh this is so cute!!!!!! i love this little boy ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

thanks!