Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Pebblet

A topic by LebbyFoxx created Jul 14, 2018 Views: 392 Replies: 17
Viewing posts 1 to 13
Submitted (1 edit) (+5)

Pebblet is about a shot of water from a squirt gun, trying to dodge pebbles so it doesn’t get stopped. Go the farthest to obtain a higher score.

This is my first game jam, and I shall make a small arcade(ish) shmup based around the theme of water. It won’t be very big, and the level will probably consist of just the player, enemies, scoring, game over and a title screen. However, my goal is to make sure it is playable, and that it will be playable by the end of the jam. Good luck to the others, and happy playing! 

Submitted(+1)

First update should be out either later today or tomorrow. Stay tuned

- LebbyFoxx

Submitted(+2)

Current State: The game now has the bare minimum added to it.  Most Sprites are currently placeholder, and there is still more to do. The health bar at the moment is decorative, but I shall try my hardest to properly implement it. The water trail behind the character was my milestone of today, as I managed to make it work the way I wanted through trial and error! :) More updates coming soon, stay tuned!

- LebbyFoxx

Host

i love that you have very clear goals and are focusing on making a playable game! that's really awesome to see and i wish you the best of luck!! also great work on getting a water trail to work :0 !!! that looks awesome. if you get the chance to record gifs id love to see this in motion!

Submitted(+3)

Current State: Well, after a few problems and bugs, I have managed to properly implement a health bar system  properly! The life counter will now respond when the player is hit by an enemy. This is great progress for the project! I am learning how to improve my problem solving skills, and the project is on schedule because of my dedication to implementing these core features. It is really great that I am managing to implement the mechanics I want (and the way I want them).  More still to do, stay tuned for more upcoming updates. :)

- LebbyFoxx

Host

aaa congrats on getting the health bar to work!

Submitted

Thank you! 

Submitted

Current State: Due to some technical difficulties that occured over the past few days, I have been trying to get the problems fixed. Currently I am planning to add a WIP title/game over screen that should be finished before the project’s end. I am also planning to experiment with some sprite animations. I hope you all understand. More updates coming soon.

Submitted

Current State: I currently have made a title screen and game over screen. The title screen needs work, but it will not be too difficult. There are a couple of other small things I need to sort out as well, however one of them isn't sound. Unfortunately, due to previous technical difficulties consuming time and other limitations (such as my computer not having speakers yet), I haven't the time to make some sounds that will fit well with the game. I have tried a couple of other sounds, however they may not be pleasing to listen to. I will try my hardest and see what I can do. The Last update shall drop before the entry is submitted.

-LebbyFoxx

Submitted

Extra: This game is mostly a prototype.

Submitted(+1)

Current title screen (probably final).

Submitted

The game has been submitted. From now on the future of this project is still unknown, but there is a chance that I may update it in the future if I can :). Thanks for sticking around guys, it has been great fun! I have learned how to problem solve by myself without constant help (the health bar and water trail), which is a big mile stone in my eyes as it makes me think outside the box a little bit. I hope you guys like the submission, and don't be afraid to tell me what you think. Once again, thanks for sticking around :)

-LebbyFoxx 

Submitted

https://lebbyfoxx.itch.io/pebblet

So I tried it out. I like how clean and simple the graphics are, makes it easy to read at a glance and react. Damage needs some kind of sound or visual indicator though, it's hard to tell when I grazed a boulder sometimes.

Submitted

Ok, I will see what is possible. I have a sound clip that I am working on for damage, but it still needs work. I will see what I can do about an update. Thanks for the feedback :) I really appreciate it.

Have you tried BFXR for quick sound effects?

Submitted
Deleted 5 years ago
Submitted

I used garageband on my phone to make the sound, which I then ported over to my computer and exported it as a wav file.

Submitted

I have now changed the download file on the page to an updated one with a basic hit detection sound. I hope this works :D