(itch's posting system really annoys me)
I'm karythina and I doubt I have much interesting to say but I'll make a devlog anyway.
I like, and wanted to make, an old-style RPG like the wizardry games of yore, or a BBS-esque game. This game is none of those.
While I was messing around not really having a 'what' or 'how' for the jam, I tried a bunch of engines and either didn't like what kind of games they'd make, they needed some creative skill i have none of, or just felt bad to use.
I settled on messing around in Godot because it ran on Linux and it seemed like a good idea at the time. After a hilarious 2 hours of failing to do something incredibly obvious (you mean I have to DRAW collision?), I got the basic physics working.
watching stuff bounce around I thought was hysterical, so the rest of the day was spent letting you be able to click things, and to make a spawner to create more things to fall from the sky. clicking on bouncing things, the engrish-y title came kind of naturally to me afterwards.
I made a gif of my game in action, complete with a horrendous eyesore of a background that will not be in the final product.
Things I still need to do:
- Scoring system, maybe with something complex like chaining multiple symbols?
- time limit so you don't just click forever
- a proper 'stage', maybe multiple you can pick from?
- splash title screen with 'push butan to play'
- stuff like a killbox to unload things that fall off the bottom, maybe get a song to play while you click bouncing things
- maybe other stuff if someone suggests something idk