Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] Current Threat Level

A topic by Ev created Jul 09, 2016 Views: 371 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
SO a really long time ago I was super into this urban legend that there was a broadcast at like 3 am very obscure and weird natural disasters and a list of names of people who would die within the next day or week and for the life of me I can't remember what it was called, but that's kinda what this is based on and if anyone has the slightest idea what I am talking about you would be helping me a butt ton so I could stop bangin' my head on a table about this.

CONCEPT

Currently unnamed main character and their dog attempt to track down the source of the broadcasting station with assistance of their non-believer friends who build them the equipment to do so.

ASSETS

I'll be doing all the art myself since that's something I'm kinda good at, and then either music will be from some stuff under creative commons license or if I have time I might try my hand and throwing something together.

GAME PLAY

So far, it's just going to be a generic platformer, nothin' too special, and I'm either going to use Construct 2 or Clickteam Fusion for this .

Shout of to me for making this so short omg. I have other stuff but I'm gonna wait to post more on it til later when I'm happier with it.

(1 edit)

Wow that's spooky

Urban legends are cool, this sounds like an interesting concept for a game! Looking forward to it

Host (1 edit) (+1)

aaa i really love this concept--protag and friends with dog on an adventure to Find The Truth to an urban legend is honestly so good. i haven't heard of your source material but it's very lowkey creepy... it feels like it hints at a lot of atmosphere. i'm looking forward to seeing this!

also also--if you're still on the fence i honestly enjoy using construct over clickteam fusion (somehow this always feels a bit limiting? and the eventing interface feels a bit clunky) tho it could be bc i started in one over the other.

So far I have done very little bc I sleep a lot and work the other part of the day, that or my wifi is dying and I can't watch tutorials but excuses are excuses and I have more done than I did earlier so that's Progress (tm)

I started with clickteam fusion to see how the platforming worked and im gonna try construct in a bit when my wifi clears up a little more and i can actually load more than a 5 minute tutorial.

Im so used to working in RPG maker 2003 which has No Coding so its a bit weird to be assigning perimeters and stuff past event tiles but its fun and i like having the visual element clickteam gives towards it.

Additional Note: Debating changing the title to "Too Spooky"

ooo spooky premise~

LOL I love how "how not to fall through the game" is trademarked