SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Hello!

A topic by Protohm Games created Jul 25, 2017 Views: 337 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Host

Hey, welcome to the jam!

Feel free to introduce yourself here if you want.

Submitted(+1)

Hello! My name is Damien, and I'm going to make a labyrinth simulator for the jam. I usually only use MSPaint for my game art anyway, and I've been needing an excuse to practice my pixel art more.

Host

Awesome Damien! I'm excited to see what you come out with!

(1 edit)

Hello there!

I love MS Paint, I use it for fun mostly, but it is also a very useful program and I've even used it seriously! Basically, MS Paint is the fun and simple go to art program that I still use to this day in conjunction with GIMP (but of course I will abstain from using it as, if I understand the rules correctly, I can't even using it for background transparency but I can't do that in-engine, but luckily I have my ways around it.... hehe). So yeah, I totally jumped aboard this jam because I love MS Paint, in fact the first VN I ever made was actually made with MS Paint created assets (only it looked pretty ugly, on purpose, since it was for a Bad VN challenge, which I failed since it ws so bad it's good... I'll probably be re-releasing it at some point xD)

But yeah, I am excited for this jam, I have a few ideas. Probably will do a stick-figure story as that goes way back to my roots in the silly stuff I'd make in MS Paint, even though part of me is tempted to use my max skill but that may be too time-consuming, I dunno I'll figure it out xD

Host

Hey! Awesome to hear you're really up for this! I also use GIMP too so I can relate.
Anyhow, very interested to see what you come out with! Don't pressure yourself too much, just enjoy yourself!

I definitely shall! I like how you described this as a "chill" jam~ MS Paint is quite relaxing.