Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

An introduction to "Pisces Has Fallen"

A topic by Rona Hattingh created Oct 15, 2021 Views: 228 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Like most of us, when I saw the theme "UFO" I already formed an idea of something in space with a sci-fi atmosphere and THEN  ... it came,  the limitation ...  " Fish as a mechanic" and it felt like 'WHAAAAT? [Brain smashed to the floor]'. It took me a few minutes to recover. I started to google the word 'fish'  until the word 'Pisces' popped up and I realized, but I know this word, its a zodiac sign and sometimes they have some interesting myth associated with them. Thus, the idea of "Pisces Has Fallen" was born.

THE GREEK MYTH ...

Typhon, a winged monster with the head of a human and snake coils below, who breathed fire, caused huge storms and mass destruction, was sent down from Mount Olympus, by his mother, Gaia, Mother Earth, to wage war upon all the Greek gods.

The gods were forewarned of the arrival of Typhon, by the god Pan, who transformed himself into a seagoat, dived into the River Euphrates and escaped.

All the other gods, except Aphrodite (Venus), and her son, Eros (Cupid), who were out walking together along the banks of the River, followed suit, changed themselves into animals, in order to gain speed, and ran away to safety.

Seeing the plight of Aphrodite and Eros, Zeus, king of all Greek gods, turned them into fish, tied them together, so they would not be parted from one another, threw them into the river, where they swam away to freedom.

Aphrodite and Eros, are rewarded for their bravery by being placed in the sky by the Goddess Athena, as the constellation of Pisces.

MY IDEA/ STORY ...

Pisces, the UFO, has sustained some damage during its flight through the asteroid belt of Saturn. It sets a crash course to the nearest ocean on Earth.  Aphrodite (a fish alien/ the player) is searching for her son, Eros (obviously also a fish alien) on the damaged ship. They got separated during the collision. To make matters worse humans have noticed the UFO's landing and are making plans to investigate.

TO THE FUTURE PLAYERS OF MY GAME ...

I have already planned out the assets (I have the license to use  them)  I am going to use. After work I will fire up my laptop, start a new project and start creating.

Thank you for reading this post.

Lots of fishy sci-fi love ...

Rona Hattingh

Woow! Really cool idea :D

Thank you 馃榿

That is so much lore that you can make in a day

It is so cool!

Thank you!