Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

is there a specific language to choose, if yes give it to me!

A topic by BlueOctopus created Jun 20, 2020 Views: 383 Replies: 17
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted

I am French and my English is zero so I use google translation to do all the texts, should I leave my original language (French) on my game or do I have to translate everything?

Jam Host

You can use whichever language is most easiest for you. There are no language rules. However, most people here speak English, so more people will understand your game if you go with English instead of French.

Submitted

Ok Tanks 馃槝

Submitted

I can not find a programming software to prepare my game 馃槩 and I do not master 0 software just buildbox and game maker but it would take me more time than expected so I would like proposals of fast and efficient software (except ct. js)
-Thank you in advance !

use unity ?

Submitted

My pc is literally a shit ;-; ;(

(1 edit)

i also have a bad pc bit if you instal linux you can save it and you can download unity 

Submitted

I have windows and mt pc has 983mb of RAM 馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶 i have loste my best pc 馃槶 i search programming softeware for this jam ;)

Submitted (1 edit)

You could consider C++/Rust w/ Raylib, but that would be difficult for a new developer.

Submitted

https://github.com/ct-js/ct-js

Consider this as well

Submitted

馃憤

Submitted

What is it ? 馃

Godot is similar in scope to Unity, but much more lightweight. Though with only ~1GB RAM it might still be tricky to work it.

Submitted

馃槶

Submitted

good i will use game maker for now ;-;

Try Pico-8. It's a little bit trickier but really lightweight and fun!

Submitted

I know I have already made some games with it and I have found a lot of software that looks like it: Tic-80, Pico-8, PixelVision 8, PQ93, Liko-12, PW8 Fantasy

Submitted

and also do I have the right to put a menu for my game since the constraint is only one room?