Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

"Everything can Die" as a theme but can anything die in Heaven?

A topic by Arowx created Nov 11, 2022 Views: 229 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 5

If you base the game in Heaven then everything is already dead, so how can everything die or is this the mechanic to get things into heaven with you?

Or if something dies in Heaven, where would it go?

Submitted

Heaven does not have to conform to societies standards of heaven. See it merely as a suggestion to the theme of your game.

(2 edits)
If you base the game in Heaven then everything is already dead, so how can everything die or is this the mechanic to get things into heaven with you? Or if something dies in Heaven, where would it go?

I was thinking the exact same thing.  

Here are some examples:

Visual and/or Audio euphoria would be heaven. A giant pile of ice cream, depending on the person, would be heaven. Kittens everywhere, etc.  I waisted too much time on trying to build my complicated idea I had to withdraw, next time I'll just stick with something simple like an HDRP Forest to explore and made an educational game out of it.

yes u can

Submitted(+1)

As they mention in the overview for this game jam, each person will have their own interpretation of the theme and the limitation. For example, I'm going for the form of heaven where only angelic creatures exist that originally were created to live in heaven, totally separate from people who have died and gone to heaven as angels. Someone else was talking about using the mythological form of heaven, also significantly different from the form you are referring to. Up to you to change things around to create a new idea of death in heaven or do something similar to what I'm doing, which is having the rebellious angels cast to the abyss, where they will be exterminated.

The game doesn't have to be set in Heaven just because "Heaven" is the theme.