SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Return - DevLog

A topic by motax created Dec 29, 2015 Views: 8,001 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted

Hey,

Return is about a space truck driver fella, who crashed on a moon near to his destination planet named: Dirt

The point of the game is to stop the orbiting meteors around the moon, so they will fall and you can collect the metal from them.
Using the metal you can build more, and bigger rockets so in the end you will be able to build a big enough rocket to get to planet Dirt.

I'll be tweeting about the development progress @MotaxDev and also try to keep this topic up to date.

Submitted (4 edits)

Here's a video about a few meteors orbiting around the moon: Video here

Submitted (3 edits)

Just found some awesome music for the game: soundtrack here, already contacted the artist to drop a thank you.

The game basic mechanics are getting ready, like rocket controls, the meteor adds plus metal when fall to the ground, and textures added too.

Here's some gameplay, (I edited the boring parts out in the begining where I learn to fly this thing, that's why there is a cut).

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Update:
-Added better background.
-Now the meteors have trails behind them, so it's easier to track them.
-New collision bounds for the rocket since the rectangle acted strange next to the roundish rocket, so now it has a circle collider.
-Now the camera zooms in and out automaticly, the zoom amount depends on the velocity of the rocket.

Submitted(+1)

Yeyy, updates!

What changed since last year:
-Some sweet lighting has been added like a "sun" and the rocket have it's own light source when burning fuel.
-Meteor trails are now getting thinner.
-Automatic camera zoom is optimized for smoother zoom changes.
-The game detects when the rocket is landed, so I can work on the rocket update menu now, which brings closer the finish line.

Some gameplay:

Submitted (1 edit)

Here's another update, the gameplay part of the game is getting ready.
Now the focus slowly will be on the story and the end of the game.

Updates:
-Now the rocket have a smoke trail behind it.
-The meteors and the rocket's trail is getting slowly transparent.

-From now on the fuel is in use, if you run out of fuel, you have to land the rocket to fill the tank.
-It also alerts you when the fuel is low.
-The moon have a stronger gravitational pull.
-There is a meteor indicator when you can't see any.
-If you're low on fuel, an indicator will show where is the moon.

Gameplay with the new version:

Submitted

Working on the story telling, the game is getting close to the finished version.

Submitted

The game is "finished" finally, and ready to play.
There is so much more I wanted to finish, but sadly I didn't had the time because I had to work and go to school.

I hope you guys will enjoy it, and it wont make hardcore bugs and glitches for you. :D

Download