Viewing posts 1 to 7
Host

A questions thread

What is the actual theme?

Submitted(+1)

"Make a game or prototype in a week based on the Jelly Theme"

Im in, and ill be using Godot ;)  time to push myself with a good incentive 

woohoo

I've never participated in a game jam before, and I'm very new to making games. Should I give this a shot for fun or wait until I have some more practice?

Host

Go ahead and give it a shot just for fun, Even if you dont end up posting an entry its still worth going for it as its good practise for the normal Jams that dont announce a theme until a little before the start.
I announced the theme early deliberately to give people like yourself a bit more time to plan ahead a game.
Although the game should be made during the game jam tme frame (usually 7 days), I felt this was too restrictive for people new to a Jam.

It does of course open it to people cheating and making the game before the start time but they only cheat themselves at this stage as when we do a 7 a future one it will have its theme announced later.

Hope this helps and if you are on discord its worth jumping on there if you want to collaborate with people :)

I moved the community game Jam channel to the top of the channel list so its easier to access

(+1)

Thank you so much for the reply! In that case I'll continue learning about my engine and write down any features that'd be cool for my game. I'm excited to be part of this community!

Since the theme is jelly, could I make a game about something like preserves or jam?

Host

If you would like yes thats fine, Sorry for the wait on the reply i have been ill today, On the mend and should be back to normal tomorrow and over the weekend :)

would you prefer a download version, or an online version? and if download, a installer, or an extract folder?

Host

It depends really on the format of the game, I think for a download itch go with a zipped up build file so it self extracts but as long as we can get access to it then any is fine :)

ok thanks, I have had to restart because i forgot to save

Host

No worries, This Jam was essentially a practise run so nothing too hectic to worry about.
Even if people dont submit its the process of making the game that was the target for this game jam.
Later ones will be a bit more organised (Mainly due to i had a stomach bug and followed by a heavy cold which i am still recovering from)

The main point is just to have fun :)