Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Afterwards

A topic by Sanctioned13 created Apr 20, 2020 Views: 317 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Whelp, it's done, now we just do the voting thingy.

I'm curious to hear about how y'all did, think ya did, what you didn't get to do ect.

I'm actually pretty happy, my submission is poo, but functional poo. Over all great learn experience since this was my first attempt at a 3D browser crafting/resource management sorta thingy. If nothing else, I learned a heck of a lot and will pry end up cannibalizing my submission for a more fleshed out game later on.

Any who, hope ya'll had fun and lets hear about your feelings about how ya did and what you didn't get to do, lord knows i didn't get to finish half of the stuff i wanted to do for my submission, XD

Submitted(+1)

despite my game being nowhere near as polished or as long as I wanted it to be I'm still pretty proud of it! This has been a really fun learning experience as to what my limits are when it comes to creating stuff on a limited schedule. 

Though I'm mostly just glad I can finally get some sleep now that it's done hehe

Submitted

I hear ya, sleep calls to us all it seems, especially after a crunch time before a game jam submission deadline, XD!

Also yea, this has been a massive learning curve for me as well, granted my submission came out..., meh. I'm happy i learned a lot of stuff i can use in other projects! All in all I'd call this experience enlightening and im happy you seem to feel the same. Now go catch those Z's, :D

Submitted(+1)

About the second day in I realized my idea was way to complex, and I had to downsize. It isn't what I initially wanted but it works and I think it turned out OK. I am just glad to be done!

Submitted

I know how ya feel bud, kinda did the exact same thing with mine, XD. Def gonna remake it into something more fleshed out later once i get some other projects up and off the ground :3

Submitted(+1)

I spent my first day coming up with ideas and the next 6 days making and animating 3D models (baking a texture atlas in Blender was a huge ordeal that took half a day, though it was my first time doing it). So for the last 3 days I was in a rush to program everything and it is a hideously tangled nest of spaghetti code. I don't think my game came out great and there were more features I wanted to add, but in all it was a good learning experience. Working under pressure of a deadline really helps me work harder.

Submitted(+1)

Hey, if it's any consolation i think you did great considering what you were trying to pull off. A 3D/2.5D  game isn't an easy feat, especially within such a short time frame, :3

Submitted(+1)

This was my first time touching GameMaker in 10 years.  And I think I did pretty well, all things considered.  Spent something like 2 days 14 hours total dev time (GMS:2 has a handy little timer built into the projects), this in addition to working a 9 to 5 job!