Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

More questions (post deadline)

A topic by eliris created Jun 16, 2016 Views: 278 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted
  1. The contest states that one should download the free edition of Fusion from itch.io and use that to make their game. I see a lot of .exe games, was there an option to export as .exe or is the Free version from itch.io HTML5 only?
  2. My HTML5 game has problems with the ordering of the objects, the object that should be behind the player is now covering him up, is this a runtime issue? It works fine in Fusion's runtime editor but not in the browser.
  3. My game worked twice after I uploaded it and then it couldn't receive input after some time reloading the page, what should we do in case of something like this?
  4. Can we still edit the thumbnail of the game on itch.io even after the deadline? (The thumbnail, not the game contents)
Submitted (1 edit)

1. The Free version only exports HTML5. Some people already have the Standard or Developer editions.

2. There were several differences between when I would "Run" my game to preview, and the actual HTML5 export. Some things are handled differently... I had to tweak accordingly.

3. Not sure, sorry.

4. Yes.

Submitted

Does this mean that we can use the developer version too and not just the one from itch.io?
In that case, can one still replace his game file with a.exe if he has the developper version of Fusion? (now that the voting is here)

Submitted
Yes, and you still have the ability to edit your submission. However, I'm not sure if editing your submission at this point is against the rules of the game jam. Clickteam will have to chime in on this one.
Host

We don't have any issue with you editing your submission.