Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Voting Queue

A topic by QueenOfSquiggles created Jan 11, 2024 Views: 171 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Host(+1)

Hey all! Now that the jam has its first submission I wanted to take a second look at the voting systems. I set it up to use Itch IO’s “Voting Queue” which requires you to rank some games from a small queue before you can access all the other games. This can help ensure everyone is getting rankings and not just the flashiest games.

The way the settings work right now, is every person voting (every submitter and contributor on each game submitted) will get a randomized queue of 5 games. They will need to vote on 3 of those games to unlock the full list of submitted games. After those 3 rankings, there will no longer be a queue and you are free to rank as many games as you like.

I am tempted to increase these numbers if there are a larger number of submissions. As of writing there are 85 participants in the jam, but I don’t know exactly how many games that will translate to. For now, 3 games seems like a reasonable amount to demand, given after those you can rank as many games as you like.

I’d love to hear from y’all about what you think? I’m going to keep the voting queue no matter what to promote everyone’s games. But what do you think is a reasonable number of required rankings?

(+1)

this sounds fine with me. :3 

(+1)

The voting queue system is great. I believe something between 3 and 5 is very reasonable for the number of subscriptions we have, considering only a fraction of it will be submitted 

Submitted

I personally appreciate all the games from the jam and I think this system is good

Submitted

I think the voting queue is great idea. How long is the voting period again? I personally find 5 to be a pretty reasonable number.