SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Soul's Spectrum

A topic by Thund created Sep 07, 2022 Views: 281 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (2 edits) (+1)

Hello everyone! ^_^

I'm writing this post to give you a few more details and updates on Soul's Spectrum! First of all, thank you so much for the comments and feedback given on the demo, I'm treasuring it so that I can improve the game experience in the full version. Also I'm glad to be in sixth place in the people's choice, it means it was appreciated by other puzzle game enthusiasts! 

Sadly the IGMC:Rebirth ends here for me as I'm not in the top18 of the judge's choice, I'm really sorry about that... but that doesn't mean the project stops here! In fact, I wanted to share with you some of the changes that I'm going to incorporate into the next version of Soul's Spectrum:

• Added dedicated character portraits so as to give them more life (thanks to MissingSeven's amazing talent)
  • Improved efficiency of bone-merang, death scythe and dark blast (ah, that's new, oops!)
  • Introduction of a legend in the pause menu with information about Nora's current form and her available actions for more clarity 
  • Added an additional tutorial room to familiarize people with the mechanics of "dying to advance" 
  • Added the ability to load the game directly from the pause menu
  • Italian localization for friends who haven't tried my game yet XD
  • Minor fixes 

In this screen we see Nora's face, finally!

Not to mention that I'm working on new areas, unrevealed characters, and the overall plot: will we be able to find out more about Nora, this dark prison, and the secrets of eternal life so much sought after? I hope the interest in this project is still alive in you! No pun intended! Let me know if you like these additions, I'm always open to feedback!

Thanks!

Submitted(+1)

Soul's Spectrum is awesome, indeed a fun time for any puzzle lover. Already reccommended it to some friends. Looking forward to the new content Thund, take your time 馃憤 :)

Wow! The portraits add a whole lot! I鈥檓 sorry i never got to write out my full thoughts on this game but i did quite love it. I鈥檓 a fellow puzzle maker so i鈥檓 happy you made something fantastic like this.

just an idea - i wonder if it will be good to include some kind of counter for which form you are using so people don鈥檛 lose track? It鈥檚 up to you, but this would have helped me be a little less confused (i learned after a while! And loved it :) )

That鈥檚 all. Love the game! Wish it was in the top selection, but ah well <3

Submitted

Thank you Benny!  For your proposal consider that I thought about adding extra information when you access the menu, so you would see all the stages highlighting the current one and what things you can and cannot do in that form. It still doesn't have a final look because I have to see if I can make 4 dedicated tabs by changing them with the directional keys or not. 

It doesn't show me the images correctly, I would have liked to do a comparison to see what the setup looked like. :)

it works now i think! Either way I鈥檓 excited for how this game will expand. Loved this one!… <3

Submitted

I thought this game had an interesting concept and the gameplay and the visuals, including the dialogue boxes, were very cool too. Good job! Glad you're thinking of working on it further, and the quality-of-life changes you mentioned will definitely help. 

Submitted(+1)

Hello everyone!

I am pleased to show you a new trailer for Soul's Spectrum! I am also very excited since I'm informing you about the Steam page with this video!

If you want to support my work put it on the wishlist, it would mean a lot to me!

Thanks! :)