SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Sticky

A topic by Lucky Newt Games created Feb 25, 2022 Views: 112 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
HostSubmitted (2 edits)

Let's see them!

I don't have an official Discord for this (since I'm in a ton of other people's servers), so this could be a great place to discuss the mechanics or the jam as a whole.

If you're not comfortable sharing it openly, you're still welcomed to contact me through Twitter (@LuckyNewtGames) or email me (LuckyNewtGames@gmail.com).

I have a question. In what way does your background affect advancing and experience? I think in the SRD is a bit unclear

Experience is like Background, except not as broad. It’s gained when players share how their character learns from a Consequence. For example, if a character with enhanced strength already pulled a muscle after lifting incorrectly, they might go out of their way to speak with a personal trainer. If a character burns themself after throwing a fireball, they can practice pulling heat away from things so they can do it for their skin next time.

HostSubmitted(+1)

Apologies! The answer is in Background, but I should have made it clear that it applies to Experience, as well.

"Backgrounds give players a starting Experience that can help them better use their ability. This can do a few things if roleplayed well. The most common is to replenish their Point Pool by the third dice that they roll. Other options include: minimize, shorten the duration of, or even negate a Consequence; allow for a reroll; allow for the change of 1 dice."