Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

So we're supposed to submit something everyday? Won't that crowd our dashboard with half-finished works?

A topic by SmallRedRobin13 created Feb 06, 2021 Views: 166 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Hey so I have some concerns about this and I was just hoping they could be cleared up.

Firstly, every time you submit something you either have to upload an pre-existing work or make a whole new, publicly available work. Doesn't that mean that our dashboards/upload pages/whatever you want to call it would become overcrowded with these half-finished works? Also, these works would become available for everyone, including people not taking part to view unless you added a price tag and even then some people might purchase it?

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

I would suggest making one project for the month, and adding a new file to the project each day, with the day as the title. Yes, they'd be available to everyone. If you're concerned about sharing your work (because of theft, fear of judgement, or whatever) no need to join this jam, you can just create work privately for yourself. If you're joining in, we show our work here. Exception: if you are creating something where it's too complicated to upload (giant unity projects, etc.) just upload a screenshot or something.

If I'm understanding correctly, the best way would be :

- One Project/Game for the month of March 2021

- One devlog per day to share progress.

Would it work that way ?

I'm interested in joining this jam too.

HostSubmitted

Yes, that's great.