Play gameInto the Dungeons's itch.io page
|Innovation / Experimentation
|Presentation (itch listing)
|Game Play / Game Feel
Ranked from 6 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- A fun idea and well executed! The problematic part is that the characters act kind of dumb trying to reach the object I placed, but then once they have it they're suddenly smarter and avoid all the obstacles with no problem to reach the portal.
- Very cool concept! The prophecy system is super interesting and I think you managed some pretty cool levels using it. It could have been made more visually clear that characters disarm the traps they walk over. I figured it out because of smart level design, but it still felt weird that the traps visually reset completely instead of having a "disarmed" visual state. Overall though I'm very impressed! Good job!
- A nice little puzzle game with a lot of potential.
- A neat puzzle game with a charming artstyle featuring cut-outs to sell a table top experience. I think you have done a great job with this game! The puzzles are interesting, challenging, and most of all, they work! The three classes that you feature in the game really gives each puzzle a distinct identity. The prophecy solutions are witty and makes the player think a bit before venturing out into the dungeon. Adding more traps and character items would really help with the variation of the puzzles. More isn't always better, but variation is something that you will need if you want to keep the puzzles interesting! I felt that some puzzles became a little repetetive once I had gotten familiar with the different items and paths. Mix it up! Let the players have several items per puzzle that does not contribute to the solution, keep them guessing! :) With that said, the ones you have now worked well for the levels that you had in combinations with the enviromental effects! Art wise, I think you have done great, I really get the feel that the game space is a magical dungeon with an ulterior motive. Overall, a solid puzzle game with some really neat art and style! Well done!
- This is a great game with a good idea and execution. It has good UX, and I like that you have a tutorial level, my feedback would be to have less text in the tutorial. Also sometimes it's hard for me to place the lure on the tile I want to use. But that can easily be solved. This is an overall very well made game and I'm impressed. Great job,
- Love the concept and the look of this game. It pop up dungeon look is great and you have made a great core concept. There are a lot of tools that you can make so many levels from. The learning curve is a bit steep and I would tend to avoid lots of texts in tutorials and instead make more levels that players cannot fail. There where also times I thought I completed the level because your win screen and loose screen looks the same and you can press next level anyway. Also something longer than a 5 second music loop is recommended. Overall the game has huge potential and with some iterations and tweaks I think this can be released.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.