Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I want to make an HTML game for the jam. Anyone want to team up?

A topic by Surkimus created Jul 31, 2019 Views: 498 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 5

No Unity, Godot, Game Maker, RPG Maker or even WebGL. Just straight up HTML5/CSS/JavaScript using technologies and libraries people usually associate with front-end web development. 

The only disadvantage I could imagine with this stack would be that making tons of moving graphics and physics simulations can be difficult to pull off. Depending on this year's theme, we could make an adventure game (think Sierra games or Snatcher by Hideo Kojima) or a strategy game (clicker games, 4X, city builder).

I'm a full-stack developer by profession and have built things for the web for the past 5 years. Here's my GitHub profile. If you're more of a visual person, check out this little interactive website thing I made a while ago.

If you want to join me creating something for the jam, let me know! Artists, and developers – doesn't matter, as long as you're a nice person.

Submitted(+2)

I don't necessarily look for a team, but I do have a tip: if you want to run some physics sims, use matter.js. It's a handy little library that handles constrains, collisions and so much more for you.

Woah, thank you very much for sharing! Looks really solid.

Are you joining the jam? Just read your previous post and looks like you're going javascript route as well :)

Submitted

Always happy to help! I will indeed be joining the jam, and I'm going to use p5.js for all the drawing related stuff. Good luck and have fun!

Hi! I'd like to know if there are any requirements for joining your team, I have zero experience at programming but I love to write stories and I'm willing to learn new skills if something else is needed.

Hello Jericho! Given that the jam is only 48 hours, I doubt you'd be able to write that much story into the game. But I would consider it if you show me some of your previous work and/or tell me what kind of stories do you enjoy writing.

Hey, a friend of mine and I would like  to make an HTML game with you, I am keen on making managment/simulation/4x games. I am primarily a designer but I am working as programmer in a game company. My friend is graphics designer and can create UI stuff.
You can check-out my profile, I'd suggest Downfall.

Hi, I’m a student designer. But I know some HTML. Can I join your team. I want to learn more.