Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Don't rate only the top games Sticky

A topic by skaoir created Jun 20, 2022 Views: 134 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

Please don't only rate the games at the top of the list, try to also rate the games with fewer ratings (some have 13, some 1)

I agree. I always scroll down the page and dont go for top items (games in this case) first. I couldnt get buyers for things in ebay and etc because sites favors the top ranks. When I was going to play a game few minutes ago, I learned that I cant rate anything since I didnt get to submit a game. I don't think it's fair because how can they tell if someone purposely doesnt rate a good game in order to win.

Host(+1)

It makes it fairer if only people who participate actively in the jam get to vote. Otherwise, things might get a bit hairy with people creating accounts just to vote on their own games. Hope you understand, and hopefully, we'll see you in the next jam!

I totally understand :D. Thanks!

(+1)

I wish that it had said in the rules that people who joined the jam but didn't submit a game couldn't vote. I joined hoping that I could vote but will know not to bother next time.

Host(+1)

It makes it fairer if only people who participate actively in the jam get to vote. Otherwise, things might get a bit hairy with people creating accounts just to vote on their own games. Hope you understand, and hopefully, we'll see you in the next jam!