Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Anybody using Godot 4

A topic by KingDratonix created May 30, 2023 Views: 193 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Submitted

Anybody using godot 4. If you are then how was the experience with the new engine?

Submitted

I am using only it :D It is good but don't work in all the browsers :/

Submitted

Still using Godot 3. Is the HTML5 Export of version 4 reliable?

Submitted

I find it quite reliable but the HTML5 exports don't work on mac.

Submitted

I used Godot 4 to make my game. I think that it is a lot better to work in then Godot 3, but the fact that the web exports don't work on mac is a major drawback. Especially as a mac user it makes it harder for me to test the web exports. 

Submitted (1 edit)

I heard they added 3d to godot4... is that true?    btw, over time, ill be adding alot of free 3d content here on itch.io (already have one hi-rez character up for free for anyone wanting it.)

5 levels LOD -  animations added (its for unreal but i guess it shouldnt be hard to convert) -- or if you know a working format, i can make one for godot and put up.

Submitted (1 edit)

There is 3d in Godot 3 as well but the 3d in Godot 4 is better. You can check the Importing 3D scenes page in the godot docs for what formats it accepts. Here's a link to the page https://docs.godotengine.org/en/stable/tutorials/assets_pipeline/importing_scene...

Submitted

thanks, I was just seraching for that info - I want to include assets that work for as many popular engines as possible. That one is definately growing.

Submitted

I used Godot 4 for my game. There is this problem with subviewport lowering render quality. Very pleasant experience otherwise.

Submitted

I used Godot 4 and enjoyed it, it's a lot easier to get up and running with 4 than 3 in my opinion

https://itch.io/jam/gamedevtv-jam-2023/rate/2085455

Submitted

I did! Enjoyed it a lot, but I don't have that much of a reference since this was my first game! :) 

Submitted

for wev exports you have ro enable sharedarraybuffer in your itch.io game settings