Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

All entries must have

A topic by Megadroid12 created May 06, 2022 Views: 229 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

"All entries must include source as part of the submission or a link to the source hosted externally (DropBox, GitHub, etc.)"

What does this mean?

Can you explain it to me in depth?

Submitted(+1)

The "Source" is the project's files in the game engine editor that you have used to create the game you'll submit. For example, if you make the game in the Unity engine, you got to put the whole project folder which is required to make a "build" of your game (the client + files you submit) either with the game file or (which I highly suggest) as a separate link (such a Dropbox or Google Drive URL so that the judge can download the project and verify the content) given within your submission.

This is why the project must not contain ANY paid nor Free-To-Use under CC4.0 assets since the process of sharing a project's folder with paid assets is an considered as an unauthorized redistribution. (Any files you use has to be either made by you or available on the public domain, meaning no ownership by anyone in particular.)

The source files must work without any paid assets/plugins, but you can build stuff with paid tools as long as you fully remove those tools before submitting said the source files. To put it simple, the judges should be able to open your source file in your chosen engine without any error and should be able to build the exact same game as you submitted without anything missing. So you can't just use paid plugin/assets to make a build, remove them and submit your game with an incomplete source.

Submitted

But can i use assets from the assetstore?

Submitted

If they are freely available, yes.

But you have to take care *not* to include them with your project source directly, because usually you are not allowed to re-distribute them yourself (which technically you would do if they were in your project source).

Hey, just to expand on this, would it be ok if your using unity for example to export your project as  a package and share that via google drive etc?

Submitted

Last Question.

How can i achieve this?

Submitted

Last Question.

How can i achieve this?