Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Good job everyone

A topic by Miniature Giants created Jan 06, 2023 Views: 260 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+2)(-1)

So ratings are released and now you what people thought about your game! No matter your standing these gamejams are always a great opportunity to learn and engage with people on this game dev journey. If you made a submission, you did really well, so congrats and see you at the next jam!

Submitted(-4)

It feels like the wrong games one, the good graphics were somewhere at the bottom. I thought superbolt would win in that and, people gave me one star reviews for impressive raytraced graphics that looked good. I will give bad reviews in the next jam.

Submitted(+2)(-1)

I think you're completely wrong. Graphics are not that important at all in a game. For example look at Undertale, does this game have insane graphics ? No, because a game is much more than just images on a screen.

You should think a lot about that, change your mindset. Making games is not about who wins a game jam but who learns the most and who will make the best games afterward. You can give bad reviews, still it will not make your skills better.

Submitted(+2)(-1)

That would be kind of pointless wouldnt it? And a massive waste of your time. IF you decide to join another jam, the best thing you can do is adjust your attitude. 99% of the time you have been unduly critical, while somehow thinking that your game that people struggled to install and doesnt have any sound, should be rated well? Often the simplest games with the most novel or innovative gameplay perform well. I hope you can learn from this experience (because its what most people are here to do) and continue to improve.

Submitted

What is with me? I instantly get mad, and now I am just so calm. Quarantine from the Internet? and never publish my games.

Submitted

Well, my game wasn’t also the best one. But I try not to bother with rankings. I’m happy because this year I got over myself, I made it better. So, avoiding any sort of discussions, here’s my suggestion: focus on getting over you, not on being the best ever. Keep trying, keep creating. And, most importantly: have fun.

Once you do all this, you’ll feel fine around game jams :)

Best regards everyone, and congrats to the winners!