SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Urban Legends

A topic by GKorn created Apr 22, 2019 Views: 308 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(+1)

Hello everybody, how's it going?

So, I'm willing to participate in the jam, and am fresh out of Scream City Jam, and the horror theme is quite around me right noow. As a former japanese graduate student (never finished the course, tho) I was fully imerse oon japanese culture during four to five years of my life, and am pretty sure I can create something related to it without offending the culture and people.

I'm planning a Powered by the Apocalypse game set in Tokyoo, but my theme would be Urban Legends, like Aka Manto, Kuchisake Onna or the horrifying Teke Teke.

My question is simple: are Urban Legends considered Folklore?

(+2)

According to the rules:

Interpret the ‘elements’ of folklore and myths as your see fit, but this could include: small local myths and urban legends; religious tales, epics, worship, rituals, rites, traditions; relationships between higher beings and humankind; cryptids, ghosts, monsters and classic beasts; magic, powers, hidden worlds, etc.

So it seems like you're good. I'm pretty excited to see what you come up with :)

Submitted(+1)

Urban/contemporary legends are also folklore from an academic perspective, so you're double-fine. :) Good luck!