Hiya! This post is just my personal outlet for posting updates on my FloppyJam entry "Buccaneers".
The strategy so far:
- The game will be similar to Sid Meier's Pirates!
- It uses a strict 16-color (4-bit) EGA palette
- Programmed in C with OpenGL 1.1 for rendering graphics
- Has no dependencies that doesn't ship with Windows
- All assets are packed in the executable. Ships in a single .EXE
- Figure I should suffice with a couple hundred kB
- Map should be procedurally generated.
So far, the game is 23kB uncompressed.
Here's a screenshot of the current state of the game.