Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

itch.io rating etiquette?

A topic by irregular-wisdom created Jun 06, 2022 Views: 84 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Congratulations everyone on a bunch of fantastic entries. Some of them have already blown me away and I'm looking forward to gushing over them. However I'm a bit new to itch.io and am wondering what the etiquette is for rating an entry via stars? Are we going by Amazon rules where anything less than five-stars is considered a dislike? What does a three or four represent to the community?

Thanks for your patience and thanks for this jam which has been a lot of fun.

Submitted

This is my first jam, so I may be making an inexcusable faux pa, but I'm using the full spread of one to five stars. I even rated an entry I'd be happy to use at two already. It doesn't seem like you can offer legit comparative feedback without using the two, three, and four star options.

HostSubmitted

Hey there! Itch's built-in ratings system is similar to Amazon because only 5 star ratings really count while browsing games. Since ratings affect people making a living, it's polite to leave the maximum rating if you like something!

For the jam, though, I named the feedback area "Rank" and intended for the full 5 star spread to be used, so we can find out who the winner is. I'm pretty sure jam rankings are private, so you won't be spitting in anyone's face!