I'm making a mobile game as a tribute to Desert Golfing (mobile game) and Soft Landscapes (Twitter art bot).
Desert Golfing: http://desertgolfing.captain-games.com/
Soft Landscapes: https://twitter.com/softlandscapes
I created this sketch on Oct. 17
I started working on it on Oct. 19, and wanted to test out rope physics and buoyancy. Was super happy with the results, and have been obsessing over the wave generator since. It's an interesting problem, especially since I need to be able to deterministically load any level, but I don't want it to be repetitive.
I really want to do something small, but very polished.
Here's what it looks like after a week of after-hours-ing:
- soft landscape background
- similar but less invasive water background
- UI (pretty minimal but still)
- persistence (should also be easy)
- polish effects: boat rocking during transition, waves behind boat, ...
- sound & music
Some ideas I have:
- everything besides the core game should be somewhat hidden
- 2 player mode (2 boats opposite, left/right hand of screen controls player, there's 1 fish...)
- Secret fishes/jellyfishes/objects that are collectible and will show as little icons in the border, but can also be missed and will never return ;)
- Game Center/high scores at 1000 (like desert golfing)