download my game I worked really hard on it and need feed back

A topic by MemeAdict123 created Jan 30, 2022 Views: 202 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+1)

link to the game https://memeadict123.itch.io/stranded-on-ice

Submitted

the 3 biggest problems

1: the audio clips

2: the game itself is kinda boring i understand what you were trying to do but its too barren

3: the big fuckoff death wall thing isn't really explained that well, like i first tought i was being s u c c e d  into it it took me a few deaths to go 

"oh this big fuckoff megadeath wall is comming towards me"

also R to reload what?

Submitted

yep understandable didn't turn out as i thought it would be but thank you for being dead honest

Submitted (3 edits)

Hey! I just played your game and, though it feels a bit like a prototype, I think you have a pretty cool concept there.

My two cents:

(1) Though your itch page explains it briefly,  I'd recommend that you make the audience connect more with the person who is stranded on the icy moon, in-game. Even if it is through text, let them know how they got there, what and where is the icy moon, how long they have until rescue comes, why is it that a full oxygen tank only holds a few minutes, etc. Telling a story instead of explaining those in a straightforward manner might be best way to approach this.

(2) The wall that kills the player should also be introduced, explained and, ideally, feared. It could represent a rough snow storm, for instance.

(3) When it comes to the graphics, maybe polishing the visuals and info display could help keep players entertained for longer.

(4) Adding side-quests and challenges (example: "Reach colony X with 5% oxygen level" or "Find the mythical flower who thrives in the snow") could also keep your audience engaged for longer =) 

(5) Stamina! If the player runs for too long, make them spend way more oxygen and then have to walk slower for a bit (or something of the kind).

(6) Audio assets can go a long way! Set an atmosphere to your game by adding a (dark, mysterious, creepy, etc.) ambience track to it and other sfx. You can find several of those for free in https://freesound.org/.

All in all, if you don't plan on making any changes to the game itself, that's totally fine as well. We get better everytime we finish a product, and finishing a game can be extremely challenging. So, congratulations 馃グ Good luck!