I am working on this project for over a year now. It is my first game
and I would like to finally finish it, but there are a few problems:
1. It is an online multiplayer game. I released the beta in december, but I have
no testers. So how to balance a multiplayer game without testers? Is this even
the right place for this type of game? I found no online multiplayer game that
is primary based on itch.io with a living community. Maybe I overlooked a game?
2. I am no artist, I focused on game mechanics and on a performant server, but
I think now that a well made trailer is the most important part of a game to
get attention. Apart from my lack of knowledge about creating videos, the game
has some strategic depth but no fancy graphics to show off in a trailer.
3. I created this game because I was annoyed by the concept of all collectible
card games out there. I think there is a gap in the market, but I may be
wrong. Maybe everyone else likes it as it is.
4. I like this game, and friends who play it too. But these are no objective
opinions - maybe the game is simply too bad to continue development?
I am trying to decide what to do next. My options:
1. abandon the project
2. replace the working title with a cool name, create a fancy trailer, release
3. slowly improve the game and hope for the best
Has anyone a suggestion how to attract beta testers?
Has anyone time and patience to review the mechanics?
Any comments are welcome!
Thanks in advance!
Link to the project page: D5869