Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Editting assets?

A topic by LittleFieryOne created Oct 02, 2018 Views: 197 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Hello. I understand the idea of the jam is to use assets from  Open Game Art, but what if we were to make minor edits to that art? Like, let's say we alter the color scheme or use it for a base. Would we still have to upload it to OGA or simply credit the creator of the base?

Thank you for reading.

All graphics, fonts, music and sound used in the game must be available on OpenGameArt.org or made available OpenGameArt.org by October 31, 2018 11:59 PM CST. ”

“However new works, derivatives, expansions, extensions, addendum, etc. are allowed so long as they are made available on OpenGameArt.org”

I think the rules are clear in that regard. Everything should be uploaded. I would not  upload automated changes like gray-scaling, mirroring, reordering or splitting sprite sheets, filters etc. … everything you could also script with your engine.

If you think it’s really minor, it could be an option to just leave a remix comment on the original instead of doing a full new  submission.

Submitted

Thanks. Sorry for not reading the rules closely, I was kind of speed reading since I didn't have much time to stick around.