SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Week 1 Pitches and Team Building Sticky

A topic by playBitke created May 31, 2016 Views: 567 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
HostSubmitted (1 edit)

https://youtu.be/4oWgARLpXJM
Hi all here's a video that highlights the 1st week's goals of pitching a game idea then seeing if anyone would want to team up.
You don't have to do a "Pitch Video", but you can also post your game idea for the jam here. I've posted both my examples pitches below just in case you don't want to sit through 8 minutes of me not trying to sound pretentious and insightful. Please tell me what you think.

Pitch (Kids)
A 2D side scroller narrative fairy mash up created from some grade school students that tells the story of candy driving someone to steal and lie to feed their addiction even though it causes problems with friends.

Mechanics: The player plays different characters in different scenes that tell a cohesive story.

The moral of the game: Obsession with something can hurt friendships.

Pitch (Teen to Adult)

A 2D side scroller modern fairy tale where a woman in S.Korea is killed by a man in the bathroom who is suffering from schizophrenia and self labels himself a misogynist.

Mechanics: The player is the female character and the game offers 3 endings. The player will be warned about explicit content, but will not be warned what will get them killed in 1 of the endings.

The moral of the game: Extreme alcohol consumption may lead to death.

I am a fan of more mature stories so my vote goes to the South Korean pitch. But other than that both are awesome!

This next pitch comes from this fairy tale linked below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Armless_Maiden

Pitch(Teen to Adult)

A 2D sidescrolling platformer where a woman loses her arms due to the manipulation spells of a sister-in-law witch. She has to find a way to defeat the witch so the spell will be broken.

Gameplay: The player is the armless woman that must kick and jump her way through the game.

Moral of the game: Jealously will lead to your downfall.

We can always of course change things and go over more specifics but let me know what peeps think!

HostSubmitted

How are you doing? It looks like most people when lone-wolf.

Deleted 3 years ago
HostSubmitted

Yeah-- it just happened we all lone wolfed it seemed. I think there should be a Team Up Jam. I' have to sort some things out next month, but want to make one? The idea of the jam would be to work with one other person as that is a hard thing to do it seems.