SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Voting Question

A topic by Digicode Labs created Aug 14, 2022 Views: 111 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted

Hi,

I've voted on all games except for one because I can't get the Windows exe file supplied to run via Parallels Mac OS. The ASCII Cat came with an exe file that ran on my system, but the Mysterious Death of Anna Gomide won't work for me.

I've never taken part in a jam before or voted on one so not sure if I have to vote on all for my votes to be valid etc. Is it a big issue if I don't vote on one?

I don't have access to a windows PC other than my work laptop but I can't put games on that one.

Submitted

Hi Kevin,

I'm the creator of such game. As fas as I know, there is no problem in not voting for every game in a jam.

I could try to compile the game for MacOS, but I tell in advance that I never did so lol. 

If the organizer or itch.io ends up saying that I can't update the files mid-voting, I'd love to hear some feedback from you after the jam :)

Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Submitted

You might be able to compile it from source if you are motivated (I used Mono on Linux and had to tweak the source a bit), but otherwise I think it is generally accepted that you can’t always play all the games in a jam - because of a lack of time, too many games, an OS issue, a crappy laptop that can’t run everything, accessibility…

Playing and commenting every game but one is already pretty great!

Submitted

Thanks for the replies. I did try and compile the code with VS Code, the C# Sharp extension, and the .NET SDK but that wasnt working either so probably havent got things set up correctly. I'll have another go before voting closes

@luanmm, feel free to drop me a message before or after voting closes if you release a Mac version and want someone to test it.

Submitted (1 edit)

If it helps, to get it to work on Linux, I:

• added “using System;” at the start, otherwise Console and everything else wasn’t recognized
  • commented out “Console.WindowWidth = 100;” - it seems to only work on Windows, there might be some workaround but I didn’t look into it and adjusted the console manually to get it to the right size
Submitted

I tryed building a MacOS version here and the "Console.WindowWidth" was throwing an error also. I didn't have to add "usingSystem", at least to run here in my Mac.

I've built a Linux (for some releases) and a Mac versions, I'm just waiting for ne0hash to reply the thread to see if I can upload the game's page with new files.

But, if you (@KevinCross) would like to give it another chance, @quibar 's solution seem to work ;)

Host

It seems like you kind of resolved your issue, but just to say it, you are not required to vote on ALL submissions.

Submitted

Hey guys!

As the jam ended, I uploaded the MacOS and Linux versions to the page game.

I'd love to hear your feedback, if you have time to play it :)

Sorry for the inconvenience of not uploading different OSs during the submission window..