Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Fallon & Anna Devlog

A topic by falpal created May 19, 2020 Views: 146 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (2 edits)

A very late start, but we're pulling it together! My partner Anna and I are putting together a short, abstract art-thing for the jam. The art was all finished as of this morning, so I thought I'd share some of the concept work she did. Now to plug it all in, program, and make the music in just a couple days... WOO! We agreed to make this a no stress project and just enjoy the process of collaborating on something creative :)

Host

Right up my abstract alley! Hoping you do well!

Submitted

Bad news is we are not on pace to finish tomorrow morning, but the good news is that all the art and some music exists. Gonna share what we end up with, and we expect to complete it sometime soon. 

Host

Good news is I adjusted that end time from 9 am to 9 pm PST :) since I needed one more Jam wrap up session with the online club that meets at 3 pm PST

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Sneak peek

Submitted (3 edits) (+1)

Read the video description for more creative deets!

(Edit: I crunched on programming and wrote this thinking submissions were due in the AM tomorrow, not the PM... I might try to get something more coherent and playable whipped up tomorrow if I have the energy, but I didn't exactly plan on having a bunch of free time tomorrow so we'll see.)

Gotta call it here at 1:17 AM. Turns out, I'm not so great at crunching, haha. I'm just glad that I was able to work on a project after months away from programming, and more so I had a really special time collaborating with my partner Anna on such a strange exploration of our creative intuition. I even learned a few things about Clickteam Fusion and sampling sounds in Reaper. I'm sad we weren't able to start work on this when the jam initially started (I had finals and Anna has had unemployment headaches and sick family, COVID be damned), but creating for creation's sake is something I've been meaning to do for the last year or so and I think this is bringing me more fully into that goal. 

Host

I hope you'll still be able to submit what you have even if incomplete.

Submitted

can do!