Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Resolute Evil

A topic by Burnerknight Studios created Aug 15, 2018 Views: 674 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 8
(1 edit)

Hey all! Demake Jam? Hell yes! What will I make? I have no clue! 

Been eyeing this for a while as I'm interested in the topic, so I decided to finally join. Going to have to be smart about time-structuring.

Let's see what I can come up with!

EDIT: I've chosen Resident Evil as the game to demake. I call the demake, Resolute Evil.

So, it's down to between these two games. I need to choose one, pick an appropriate name, and start designing!

Submitted

i think it would be better to opt for metal gear solid because it is a little bit difficulte to render a horror scene in a old look game :D

Yeah I thought about it. I'm leaning towards Resident Evil because Metal Gear Solid has been basically demaked already in a way, Metal Gear 2 on the MSX (even though it came out before MGS) . I think it would be cool to try my own vision at it, but trying to demake RE excites me more.

Let's see what happens! 

Here are some screenshots of some early progress on the game, using some placeholder graphics for now. I've chosen to demake Resident Evil and will call it Resolute Evil. Got some simple areas set up with some ambient sounds playing in the background. Went for establishing quickly a dark mood and feel.

Inspired by the fixed camera angles of the early games, what I've chosen to do is set the camera to be closer to the player in certain areas, revealing less of the surrounding area. But in other areas, the camera will be farther out, giving you more of a bird's eye view.

So put up together a little playable demo. SUPER rough but it's something!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqi492ocehwdyz7/ResoluteEvil_build1.zip?dl=0

Man, this looks good

Thanks! Glad you like it! Any feedback? 

Last stretch to the goal! Working solo is hard, so 'm doing my best to provide a great experience!

Well, got stopped by some code issues and was unable to get the content I needed in time. Also had an errand to run and missed the deadline to boot.

I learned a few things this time around, and also realized where my knowledge gaps are that need strengthening. This was a fun jam and I intend to complete the game and post it on my page in the future.

Congrats to all who got their game in on time!