Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Bouy's Future(Hypothetically)

A topic by KevEatsCheese created Jul 31, 2023 Views: 172 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

What do you think Bouy would be like if it was a 5-hour~ game? What do you think would be a cool direction for gameplay, story, and anything else? Would anybody be interested in working towards something like that?

Also, who is downloading the day 4 Buoy source code with all the day 5 and 6 versions out?

(+1)

I think the game would need heavy exploration focus with a context driven story and/or disembodied voices similar to Ori and the blind forest. Some gameplay additions wouldn't hurt, since that's what's lacking the most atm imo. Not necessarily combat, but more efficient ways to mive around, mobility locked areas, collectibles and hidden lore. I don't have time to be part of this, but those were my two cents on the topic 🙂

Submitted

thanks for your two cents :)

Submitted(+1)

I think my idea would be to have a linear series of longer levels(maybe 30 minutes to an hour each think of them more as mini open worlds to explore) that drive a story(not sure what it would be.) I think the gameplay could center around stealth and exploration but I don't have any great ideas there. The coins could remain as a collectible or something for completionists.

(+1)

I like the idea of a big mystery being somehow hidden in the dark depths of the ocean. Perhaps the player can search for belongings or notes left behind by lost divers. [Sidenote: I really like the angler someone made for day6; he is so scary and gloomy. I would love to include things like giant deep-sea creatures in the game.] I'm not sure if it could ever be turned into a game with 5-hour general content, but maybe if players could find different collectibles or lore-pieces, it could extend the gameplay. In terms of gameplay mechanics, I could imagine the player gradually acquiring more tools or abilities as they progress in the game to keep it entertaining. This could range from simple oxygen upgrades to sonar/echo scanning,a map system, and perhaps flares or other glowing items that could distract the monster(s) for a while to allow you to pass by them. These kinds of things. I honestly don't know what the goal of the levels or this game would be yet. I would love to keep working on it though ^^

Submitted

Nice ideas. Yeah, I'd also like to keep working on it. I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to the project because of Haunt but I'd still like to be involved with discussing the gameplay direction, and I could also compose some music for the game. I could maybe get more involved as my schedule clears up but I really want to actually finish Haunt so I don't want to create too much distraction. 

Submitted(+1)

I actually made a Buoy Day 7 version (obviously will not count for the Game Jam). Most of the changes were quality of life and bug fixes. If you would like to try it out, I would definitely appreciate it. :)

https://robotazul4.itch.io/buoy-lost-gold-day-7

Submitted

definitely will try :)