Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] Slay and serve

A topic by P. R. Saseta created Nov 02, 2021 Views: 180 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted(+1)

Working title, but it works! Here's our first devlog for the challenge; I intend to make one every 4-5 days, we'll see how long I can stick to it. See you again in that long!

HostSubmitted(+1)

I'll follow this through the challenge :D I wish you all the luck!

Submitted(+1)

Here's another devlog! It's been a while because of various issues, but we're confident we'll be able to finish!

HostSubmitted(+1)

I like the pics in that post!

Submitted

Thank you!

Submitted

Another tiny devlog today!

Submitted

The project is unfortunately cancelled. I've gone in detail as to why here: I think there's some insight to be gleaned from the experience, if nothing else.

Submitted(+1)

It's still a good game idea that could be explored at a later date. You've switched to 'generic dungeon crawler game' and that will still provide you with useful gamemaking and balancing knowledge. You can still try out the abilities and powers you wanted for Slay and Serve, they're just reskinned to generic now. It's not the same of course, the sense of theme is important, but it's still a great learning experience.

Submitted

Thanks for the feedback; I don't think I'll revisit the Slay and Serve concept, because that could create issues with copyright and such with the old team. I'm very happy with how Dungeon Crawlies is coming along, and I think it's going to have enough going for it to not be so generic after all.