Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Words of encouragement. Let's have fun making games!

A topic by coolacguyson created Apr 03, 2022 Views: 163 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+4)

Hello, game jam people! I'm excited to make a game this month, and I hope you are too. If you're nervous or worried, that's okay, but I encourage you to try it out anyway, since a game jam is just about trying something different and having a fun time. It's also really fun to be part of a community, find people with interesting ideas, and of course, spend time with the fun hobby of tabletop gaming! Please consider leaving any words of excitement or encouragement in this thread so it's a wholesome resource leading up to and during the jam. Thank you to titanomachyRPG for making this possible and sharing a cool SRD with the world, and let's have a fun time!

(+3)

We can all do this! You don’t need a random stranger on the internet to be proud of you, but all the same I am SO proud of you, and I believe in you. 

I believe you’ll finish; I believe you’ll find meaning and value in this; I believe that no matter what happens, you are important, and your voice is important, and I just cannot wait to see all the projects!!

Submitted

I can very much vouch for what LetsTalkDragons said. I've wanted to dabble a little in game design for years, and it just so happened that things lined up nicely enough with Caltrop Core that I was able to see not just one, but three games so far to a state of completion I am happy with! 

You certainly lose nothing by trying. With this being the penultimate day of the jam, I wish everyone luck on publishing their pieces, and I am so thrilled & impressed by the 5 dozen games I've seen thus far here! :D

CONGRATS to all the folks who submitted games!  If this is your first itch submission, if it was not your best effort, if you’re not sure you did it right, YOU STILL DID IT!  I missed the deadline by 40 minutes due to timezone confusion on my part, but at least it gave me the gall to actually publish a game.