Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What is preferred order of locations{}, directions{}, barriers{} etc.?

A topic by Garry Francis created Sep 19, 2019 Views: 58 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

As best as I can work out, these are the top level functions (or whatever they're called) in Adventuron listed in alphabetical order:

assets{}
barriers{}
booleans{}
connections{}
game_information{}
integers{}
locations{}
objects{}
on_command{}
on_describe{}
on_startup{}
on_tick{}
settings{}
strings{}
subroutines{}
themes{}
vocabulary{}

I had barriers{} after connections{} (as they're most closely linked to connections{}) followed by objects{}, but I kept getting an error about my door needing to be defined in a global context, even though it already was. The game compiled and ran fine and the error went away until I did some changes later on and the error would reappear. Then I had a brainwave and moved barriers{} after objects{} and the error seems to have gone away.

Obviously, some of the functions are order dependent, so in what order should the functions be defined?

Submitted

That "must be a global contex" is a bug that I saw whenever i add/change a room/bool. My solution for it is to click behind the line you added or changed and then press enter or del

Host

There appears to be an iterative parsing bug in the current release. Any order of blocks should be acceptable.

There are two ways to work around it for now, the first is yes, just to add a space above the edited line and press control + s (save). The other is to save, and to then click F5.

I'll be solving this in a later release.