SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

ADVENTURON CHANGE: Change Of Default Font Size

A topic by Adventuron created Sep 15, 2019 Views: 89 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Host

Hello,

This is to inform everyone that there will be an upcoming release of Adventuron (later today) where the default font size will shrink a little. 

This is just a change of defaults, and doesn't stop you from setting up your game exactly as you like.

If you want to maintain the existing default, then enter the following in your code (if you already have manually set a different value here, then no need to change anything).

// To maintain OLD behaviour .... 
my_theme : theme {
screen {
   num_columns = 64
   num_columns_mobile = 26
}
}

The NEW behaviour will default to 80 columns for desktop and between 26 and 36 columns (for mobile), depending on font aspect  ratio.

Chris

(1 edit)

I can't seem to get the hang of the whole font size thing... The changes I make seem to differ between the test environment (even when that is running full screen) and the standalone game.

Should the column number precisely relate to the number of characters on a line? Or does it depend on the font and whether it is proportional or not?

At the moment I'm liking Delta-10, like Garry used... simply because of the extra height that has (as does the default font) over more traditional 8x8s... It makes it a lot more readable.

Submitted

I tried one of the Damien Guard fonts and it was way too big. I'm not sure if these font size changes will help out there. We'll see. I settled on Fergus McNeill's really nice Delta-10 font because it was fairly easy to read, didn't require an extra asset and felt right for the fantasy theme.

Host

It's way too big because it needs to be tempered with some other setting. I'm documenting this and will have something in a day or two.