Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Say Hello! Sticky

A topic by Christopher.Delta created Sep 22, 2015 Views: 506 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
HostSubmitted

Is this your first game, or have you made anything before?

What jams have you participated in?

What tools will you be using?

Tell us about yourself!

hai!

this is my first game jam, ive been programming for a few years in a wide variety of languages and purposes, and designed at home semi-games 3-4 times. i've been waiting for ludem dare 34 and decided i didnt want to wait so long, and as such i went searching for a jam to get the blood flowing in preperation, i came across you here, and figured why not!

i am going to be working in Game maker, doing animation in flash, and art assets in photoshop cs6, i thought about working in javascript or c# but i intend to learn Game maker so i can give it a go for LD34

as for the "about myself" part

i am a sophomore in highschool. i live in canada, and i have been studying computer science my whole life, with the intent of getting a degree in the field and going on to become a network security professional.

also my favourite color is #9b59b6 and i am an avid player of heroes of the storm.

finally 2 questions. do you guys have an irc or ts3 for general community discussion, or is it kind of reserved within this forum? and around how many active participants do you usually expect?

-MasterWonton

HostSubmitted

Neat coincidence you're doing this in preparation for Ludum Dare, I actually started doing this a year ago with the intent of practicing for Ludum Dare!

We don't have an IRC or anything, mostly because "we" is basically just me and and a few unfocused friends so far. This fortnight there are a lot more people who've joined the jam, so I expect the community will grow as the fortnights drag on. Until it's large enough to warrant a proper IRC channel though, this forum is the best place to come to. Personally I check #casual14 on twitter and tumblr from time to time.

Net Security is a neat field I hear, and starting programming young is the best way to learn, so good luck!

(1 edit)

Hello, my name is Niall and I've been looking for a regular casual "jam" for a while - this ongoing project seems absolutely perfect.

I'm a game designer by trade, and have been incredibly fortunate as a student and new professional in the industry to have been part of award winning teams and development opportunities. However, in jams I like to make weird non-commercial things in a preferably casual setting, and to act as artist/programmer - job roles I don't usually get to explore.

I've participated in several Ludum Dares, as well as Fuck This Jam and Procjam. I am a *terrible* programmer, but have a knack for hacking things together regardless. Jams tend to be practical thought exercises for me, as in "how can I replicate that complex array with enough if statements..."

Toolswise I use Gamemaker, as GML is the most forgiving programming language that ever existed - perfect for fast paced prototyping and jamming.

Hey everyone! I'm Gerardo. I'm a programmer and I've been entertaining the idea of participating in more jams, this one seems perfect! I'm used to working in pretty much anything, but for this one I'll pick up unity and see what I come up with.

Good luck everyone and have a great time!