Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Some suggestions

A topic by Nataraj created Jan 24, 2022 Views: 305 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 9

I'm 14 years old. Participating game jam for the first time. Give some suggestions to participate in this game jam

make something simple

Keep your scope small, keep in mind how much time you actually have to spend on game development and keep a few hours before you submit your game to polish it( sound effects, music, main menu, special effects, pause menu, game page etc.) Most important: HAVE FUN!

Submitted (2 edits)

bro i am too 14 , do you have any experience in game development , what are you good at - programming , art , sfx or anything else

I have some what experience in all most all things like c# programming, level designing, 3d designing, 2d designing ...

Submitted

if you think that you are a beginner , try to team up as that will help you learn a lot

I'm not a beginner I wanna try solo

Try to think about mechanic around the theme and make it befor you start making less inportant elements. Also make the game around this mechanic don't add unesential mechanics as you just won't have time. 

https://itch.io/jam/1-bit-game-jam-kemndev-studio

Game jams are basically you make a game as fast as possible, in that time the game's code can't be copied and it must be written by yourself. Pick a game engine(Unity recommended), then learn how to code. After you finish a game, you publish the game through itch.io. And also, The games must related to theme that was revealed after the jam starts.

Submitted

Focus on one mechanic (shooting, solving puzzles, etc) and polish it. Be  sure to try and do things to match every category for rating. Additionally, sounds make your game 10x better.

Every replies were helpful thank you all