SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

About This Jam, thanks.

A topic by Wildric created Aug 18, 2020 Views: 97 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+1)

Hello everyone,

I just want to talk about this jam, and share with you my feeling about it and also know about yours.  Well, that was my first jam, I just started making prototypes since few months ago; I wasn't disapointed, I could make some friends here, and the community of gamemakers is a very nice community with a sense of sharing knowledge and asking for it... I did not get a lot of feedback about my little game, but could get  some very constructive ones and that's too important for me, it is helping me a lot and I am really glad  about it.  There is just one thing I did wrong: difficulty. In my mind, I said: "In this community, people know a lot about video games, they may have played a lot, they could finish God of War and Dark Souls for exemple" So I made it difficult, and I think an annoying little bug did not help so much. But it's the past, and it's okey for me know I will get better and I know now that difficulty (only) is not what can make a good video-game... I want also to talk about work of other people. Before, I could not figure out that so much people could work together for a jam, but there were a lot of teams and that very cool to see! Moreover, some games were really good, in need of improvements of corse but I liked usually the unique ideas in each one; I thought at  the beginning that games using a mechanic like mine would be a lot but no, I found just one using a near mechanic! So, several  times, I played games that surprised like Western Shootout or Time Seek or a game talking about first mans. That is magic, to let yourself submerged in others ideas! I feel bad for not playing too much game, if you read this you can write me the best ones you found, but I really passed a good time; thanks to everyone, and thank you, you who are reading this for making games!

Submitted (1 edit)

Hi, I readed your post and tried your game. It's as you said... REALLY HARD!
I leave you a review with the small details that I think could make it work without being almost impossible for most people.
I agreed with you about the community. It's really nice to hear feedback from other fellow devs. Also it's really awesome trying all the spectrum of games that came out of the simple word "Rewind"

Please check mine if you can.
Thank you and have a great day / night!

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/rate/723777

Rewind Madness

Help Bob rewind all the VHS in time!
Submitted

Thanks will see your game tomorrow if I can, and if I do I will surely give you a detailed feedback!

Submitted

Thank you!