Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Unity Builds Slow?

A topic by MrMcgibbs created Aug 07, 2020 Views: 1,504 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted(+1)

In the editor my game runs perfect and the profiler even checks out great. When I build the game however, either windows or webgl runs extremely slow and almost seems broken. I run unity 2020.1 any thoughts?

Submitted

Thats odd, normally the editor runs worse, try exporting a build and hooking the unity profiler onto it to see whats going on

Submitted

Thanks Ill give that a shot 

Submitted

Is it the frame rate that's lagging or the controls? If it's the latter and maybe double check that any inputs you have set up are are frame rate independent :)

Submitted

The frame rate is fine, but what I notice is everything feels delayed with controls, but also movement. I also have certain scripts that just break on build, but work perfect in editor. The only thing I can think is my code is the issue so I will probably just create a new project and see what I can restore while building to see if anything specific is the issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

Deleted post
Submitted

Hey everyone Thanks for the ideas. I found the issue which is where some scripts depended on other scripts references during the same frame so in the editor it happened to execute the code in the intended order while the built version it did not. I reworked the code and put the dependent code on late update and this fixed most of my issues :) Now I just think its the delay for the webgl build and I compensated by moving the player faster. Thanks a lot for the tips!

I had the same problem. Playing a WebGL build on the browser would run at an incredibly slow speed and it felt as if the fps was low, whereas running it in the editor was so much smoother. Thanks!