Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I hate unity bugs!!馃槨馃槨

A topic by plutoprogrammer created Aug 04, 2020 Views: 1,292 Replies: 36
Viewing posts 1 to 12

I use unity 2018 version on my windows 10 laptop. After a long day of work I had got my games first level done. But the next day when I opened the scene just to playtest and check if everything is fine or not, it showed unknown error occurred while loading my scene. I quit. If anyone knows how to fix this please help else I quit. Btw I restarted my laptop 4 times. Please help.

Submitted

Can you tell me what the error says? Is it complier errors in your code?(That means it can't run without fixing your code). I think I need more explanation on this. Thanks

it says "Unknown error occurred while loading" then the location of my scene i.e. SampleScene.

Submitted

I believe you might not have checked the build settings

all the scenes which I created are in the same folder and are checked in the build settings.

Submitted

Send me a pic on here thanks

here you go :

Deleted post

Did not work :(

Submitted

this usually results in a even bigger problem

(2 edits)

you have lost all your progress, and you can't rewind it , now you have to delete the corrupted scene to remove the error!if the solution didn't work tell me

Right. It worked but alas! I couldn't get back my progress

Sorry, but this bug will remove all your progress , it always happen to me!!!

Submitted

the scene is corrupted unfortunately

Yeah. You are right. After trying every single tips mentioned here, none of them worked.馃様馃様

Submitted

it usually happens in a power cut for me.

Submitted

unity bugs can sometimes be irritating , take your time . Most of the time it would just be very small problem .

Submitted

agree

Deleted post
Submitted

the lesson learnt the hard wayy!

I didn't get what you want to say.

Submitted

Version Control is definitely a good way to avoid losing hours and hours of work. If you are working solo with Unity, Collaborate is generally a good option.

it always happen to me, sometime because i didn't close unity correctly, then i lose the progress and ihave to start from the beginning!!

Submitted

That's the wrong problem its wrong with loading up when you want to play it not access it

I had saved my game, closed unity properly and then had shut down my laptop.

Is it because of my old laptop ? This is because I had created two games for this same jam but both turned out to have the same problem.

Maybe , because i have an old laptop too!

Submitted

Wow maybe that is the answer

You mean i have no ways to get my progress back ?

Submitted

Yea I've never had this problem so I don't know how to fix it sry :(

Never mind. Thanks a lot to you for trying to help me. Maybe you could not solve it but you tried your best to fix it. So no need to be sorry! :)

(1 edit)

Did remove the Library folder? Close unity, remove the library folder, then open your project up again - (of course you'll need to wait a while for your project to re-load.)

If it worked before, it's probably a corruption of some kind in Library,

Nothing changed.

I have actually come across this before, where the error showed and the scene was empty, and all I did was go into another scene and open the broken scene using the SceneManager.loadscene function in a script while playing in a working scene.  After that, it loaded and was fixed, although i dont know if that always works, or if it was really the same error, you probably messed around with it too much for it too work anymore but why not give it a shot.

Tried but did not work :(

Submitted(-1)

next time i suggest to create a copy of the folder because im sure it's annoying

Deleted post