Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] RewindStone

A topic by Shushurikhin created Aug 04, 2020 Views: 433 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 5

You are a wanderer. On one of your travels, you find ruins. There is an unusual stone in these ruins. It allows you to rewind "your time". At the same time, the world around you is still running forward. When you pick up a stone, strange things start to happen. Can you stay alive?

Day 1: Basic mechanics

My first day of jam started in the middle of the week. This is due to my move. But I think the remaining 4 days for jam will be enough for me.
I did the basic mechanics today. It looks like this:

We have a hero who runs on his own. And also the level, which also moves by itself. We can control the time of the protagonist by rewinding him back in order to help him overcome obstacles.

It looks pretty simple. Control - left mouse button. If pressed, then time goes backwards, if not pressed, then it runs forward. That's all.
The game can possibly be released on android. I'm not sure about ios. There is nowhere to test.

Subscribe to my topic to keep abreast of the work on the game! And write comments, they are important to me! 

Wow, great concept! I really like the unique mechanics you implemented, never thought of rewinding yourself.  It looks great so far, keep it up! 

Thank you so much! I hope I can finish this project in time! Your comment inspires me!

Day 2: graphics and the first level

Today I made the first level for this game and also added graphics. The author of the graphics is Penusbmic. Thank you very much for the wonderful art. For the rest of the day I plan to add a menu, music and 4 more levels. Yes, there will be few of them, but over time, their number can be increased. This game, as expected, will be released on the PC for jam. Later, the port will be produced on mobile platforms. It seems to me that this game is best suited for mobile devices.

And here's some gameplay for you:

Subscribe to my page on itch, write comments. Your feedback motivates me to keep making games and improving!

hey just saw this! Thank YOU for using my assets! It looks great! Can't wait to see more!! :)

Nice work. Keep it up !