Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Hello everyone!

A topic by matmangio created Sep 26, 2022 Views: 122 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2

This sounds like an exciting challenge, doesn’t it? I’m not very expert in tabletop design or game design in general, but I’ll give this jam a go because I feel like it has a lot to teach me and the concept is so fun I couldn’t resist! ^-^

HostSubmitted (2 edits) (+1)

Hey! I'm glad you joined and I'm just as excited. :D

Given the time frame, I think there is plenty of time to experiment and find the creativity to fit all we want to do in the game.

I also feel like it's something that I can learn a lot from because making a game with such restrictions is a fun challenge :D

Go, wild guys, ~ and most importantly have fun and bounce your ideas in here. I'm sure we'll make something special.

If you know anyone that would be interested in the game jam, invite them :D the more the merrier.

Everyone else is in the jam. Say hi here!

Submitted(+1)

The description text says: “A playable game that fits on a bookmark”

Does this mean only standalone games? Or are tools/modules for existing games valid submissions, too? 

HostSubmitted(+1)

Hmmm, that's a good question. I think it's more that the bookmark should be a game by itself not an extension/ component of another game.

But if it's playable by itself - even as a generator or a tool, then it needs to be hacked. The goal should still be in the direction of 'I have this bookmark, if I find any random books, I can use it to play.'

So to answer your questions:

No: If it is just an extension/ game/ tool of another game and cannot be utilized with other books.

Yes: If it is a standalone game. 
- If you can play with any books
- If you need other components like dice, cards - just indicate it in the card itself. So that anyone picking up the bookmark can gather the materials and play.