Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Need pixel art!

A topic by holyotario created Jan 24, 2021 Views: 390 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 7

I'm absolutely horrible at art, so... I'd love to have a pixel artist to team up with me! It is also my first jam AND first finished game, so there's somewhat of a chance I won't deliver anything at the end. I think i will, but i really need some art.

Come up with an idea first. Use simple shapes as placeholders. Tweak the gameplay until it's fun. It's okay to use free asset packs with credit.  If you want to learn pixel art, I recommend  Brandon James Greer and MortMort. Piskel is a great free program to get started. If you want to learn game design, Let's Talk Game Design, Game Maker's Toolkit, and Design Doc.  Good luck in the jam!

I'm using placeholders for now, but i really don't see myself doing any art in any near future. I'll look a the channels you talked about, thank you!

i can help you but i am not a good pixel art
you can use a pixel art that i use 
https://www.piskelapp.com/

I don't have high expectations, to be honest. I don't see myself doing any art in any near future, so any help is appreciated! Do you have discord? (and sorry that i took so long to answer, i just woke up)

Submitted

I'm really really really bad at pixel art. I use pixilart.com, but it looks like you're good :)

i got discord yair89999#5719 send me request there and i will show you a few things that i made

are you soapyou on discord?

Submitted

ye

Submitted

I can make you the art and I wold like to team up

Nice! Are you in the discord server? If so, what's your nickname?

Submitted

Asesprite is dirt cheap and super simple. Highly recommended by me after 50 hours of use

Well, now i have lots of recomendations! I'll certainly try Asesprite, thank you!

I use piskel for my pixel art so I recomend it

Submitted (1 edit)

I use Krita for pixel art, you can simply go into settings and turn on pixel art. You can choose the amount of pixels and the grid colour. Highly recommend, best part is it’s FREE!