Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What are the rules on editing your page after the submission date?

A topic by SpyderByteStudios created Dec 07, 2020 Views: 919 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

As long as I don't change the game files themselves, am I allowed to change my game page after the submission date? Or would this disqualify me from the jam?

Cheers.

Submitted

I would say no and yes.

In the rules for this jam,

"Once that countdown is done, you will not be able to edit your submissions any further. It is recommended that you upload your project at least 2 hours before the deadline. This is wiggle room to catch and fix last minute touches. There will be late tickets available on request if your game has game breaking bugs that need repair".

I would think altering game files is a big no no, but to fix a typo in the title or to add more in the description seems fine to me.

If you are interested in fixing up the game files, like releasing "Game Jam Game 2.0", then you should wait a couple of days after the jam had ended and then label 2.0 as a "Post Jam Version" for clarity. Hope this helps.

Submitted

Well the hope was that I could do the design of the page after the jam, because time right now is tight.

Based on "Once that countdown is done, you will not be able to edit your submissions any further", I would say the page is a part of the submission, so I don't think I will risk it.

Thanks for the info!

Submitted

Can you change the project files if you have submitted but there is still time left?

Submitted

Yes you can update the project files as many times as you want as long as you are within the time frame of the jam. I've updated mine several times.

Submitted

Ok thanks :)