Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Previously started projects?

A topic by SnepShark created Apr 28, 2020 Views: 240 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

I just found this jam, and I think that I have a game concept that fits the theme perfectly, but I made a first draft of it about a month ago.

Can I participate in the jam using this idea?

Submitted

Hi SnowLeopardShark,

What @BadTTRPGs tweet have you used for your game concept’s inspiration? The tweets we are using for our games’ inspiration this jam are: any of the ones found in the link!

Hope your day’s been well.

Deleted 3 years ago
Submitted

The ‘Best of’ is a resource the host provides to make finding popular ones easier for people. Essentially, any @badTTRPGs tweet is fair game.

The purpose of the jam is to convince @badTTRPGs they should change their name, because the ttrpgs the acount posts aren’t “Bad” ideas at all, they’re Good ideas

For reference, here’s the rules from the first Jam:

everyone keeps telling us to change our name

you all seem extremely insistent that the BadTTRPGs twitter account is posting good games. So if you’re so sure about it, make them.

The rules are simple.

All games must be based on a Bad TTRPGs tweet
If you create a game that is harmful,  prejudiced or cruel we will remove your game from the jam immediately.

that’s it

there is no ranking no other special requests.

Hope i was helpful (i’m not known to be particularly easily understood)!

Deleted 3 years ago
Host(+1)

OOPS! THAT ONE IS MY BAD!

That's in the rules now.

Submitted (1 edit)

When I scrolled through the account yesterday, this is the tweet that reminded me of my draft. Now it's not a prefect match (the tweet is about the absurdity of a D1000, while my game is a TTRPG that is played using only a D1), but the jam would give me a deadline to finish it up, haha.

But of course, my project was not started with the intention of participating in the jam, and when I first made this post I was operating on the same interpretation as Achifaifa.