Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Should I make the game page preemptively?

A topic by Lucid Locust Lollipop created May 22, 2023 Views: 130 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

I was confused by the FAQ on the website because it mentions creating the game page before the jam starts. So, based on that, would it be considered working on the game beforehand?

On a similar note, if I create materials that are for the game page, but are never found within the game itself (I.E. A title card or a piece of art), would that be considered working on the game beforehand?

Jam Host (3 edits)

Is it the "How do I upload and submit a game to Adventure Jam?" answer? It describes how to make and submit a game, but the intention there isn't to imply that that should be done ahead of time, but instead to highlight that the game submission side of things doesn't show the submission button/form until after the jam starts.

That said, I think creating your game page early is a good idea - leaving it to the last second tends to lead to panic, and people generally don't make the best decisions when they're panicked.

Making stuff that won't be in the game, but helps you explore and nail down the concept is fine, and it sounds like that's the kind of approach you're thinking of for your game page's assets.

Hope that helps!