Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Adventuron Updated (beta 8e)

A topic by Adventuron created Nov 03, 2019 Views: 116 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host (1 edit)

Adventuron has been updated to version "Adventuron beta 1.0.0 8e".

Changes

1. Scaling has changed significantly. You will notice a lot more consistent scaling behaviour at different screen sizes and window sizes now.
  2. Fixed bug where trying to get an item that can't be taken that matches a noun associated with another object in the game that has already been encountered will tell the player that the item (not in the same room) is not there. Fixed.
  3. Added ability to be able to switch on and off the top bar via the layout attribute in a theme. This change may lead to behavioural changes unless authors update their "layout" field as per details below, but I feel it is essential for the function to work this way for mobile screen space optimization purposes.

If you currently utilize a title bar and you also explicitly provided a layout = xxx or layout_mobile = xxxx, then you need to prefix your custom layouts with "TB", to include the title bar.

e.g.

layout = TB G D X O
  • TB = Title bar
  • G = graphic
  • D = Location Description
  • X = Exit List
  • O = Object List

If you haven't set your own layout, then you don't need to change anything.

Games will still run without specifying this, but you will notice your top bar disappears when compiled with the newer version.

I tried to avoid this, but being able to configure the title bar in this way means that it's possible to selectively exclude the title bar on mobile titles where vertical space is at a premium.

Submitted

How does the new title bar (TB) vary from the old header (H). I'm now using the new TB for desktop, but not for mobile, whereas previously, I had omitted H for both, because it didn't seem to do anything. My header (or title bar, if you prefer) worked, even though H was missing. I'm guessing header_layout was overriding the H, but this is no longer the case with TB.

Host

TB no longer replaces header. A too bar may be configured to not display header info so it makes more sense to make them independent in the layout. The default layout is still affected by configuring a top bar layout.

I'll document this better.